To become fluent in social networking, I recommend you do the following:
1. Just do it. There is no substitute for first-hand experience. You have to dive into social networking head-first to really understand it. There is a difference between knowing something and knowing about something. You will never know social networking until you do social networking.
If you haven’t done so already, sign-up for a Twitter account, a Facebook account, and a blog—in that order. I also recommend that you read the following posts on Michael Hyatt blog:
* 12 Reasons to Start Twittering
* The Beginner’s Guide to Twitter
* How Much Time Does Twittering Really Take?
* How to Update Your Facebook Status with Twitter
* How to Start a Blog
With regard to blogging, you might also